Title is from this song by Jack’s Mannequin.
Here’s how Wikipedia describes New Year’s Resolutions:
Inspired by this, my New Year’s resolution list is:
- Open doors for people
Just kidding. But in an effort to hold myself accountable, I wanted to share a few resolutions/things I’d like to work on or continue in 2016.
- Drink more water. I generally squeeze in 8 glasses on weekdays but could use this reminder on weekends.
- Be thoughtful and gracious when accepting criticism or compliments. There’s no need to take criticism too personally, or to immediately deflect a compliment.
- Take the time to learn and hone a new skill.
- Be more mindful when grocery shopping to reduce food waste.
- Make time for hanging out with friends, but accept that it’s ok to respectfully decline sometimes in favor of much-needed alone time.
- Sign up for TSA Pre-check.
- Go on at least two runs per week, even if they’re short.
- Talk less, listen more.
- Read more fiction. I’ve been on a non-fiction kick for a while and am craving a change.
- Actually finish an entire season of a TV show. This probably sounds trivial, but I am notoriously bad at making it through shows. Like, I only have one more episode of Master of None to watch and I finished episode 9 two months ago. I should probably just watch that single, 30-minute episode so I can say I’ve completed the season.
- No screen time 30 minutes before bed. (Which means I need to finish watching Master of None no later than 30 minutes before bed.)